All software vendors looking to develop their own proprietary support for the ISO 28560-2 standard are faced with some complex encoding rules. Mistakes have already been made by some vendors.
In addition, there is no recognised method of verifying conformance to the standard.
Our Benchmark Package is designed to help vendors in the process of delevoping their own software. Convergent Software library products are conformant with ISO 28560-2. Therefore, vendors can use our software as a benchmark when developing and testing their own. The package includes a service element through which Convergent Software will help vendors identify reasons for discrepancies between their software and ours.
The Benchmark Package includes:
Two copies of the current version of each of our GUI tools, which can be used to simulate encoding, decoding and editing tag data.
- Free software upgrades based on any clarification of ISO 28560-2: 2014, until the standard needs formal revision (expected in 2019). The software will need to meet our claim that it is fully compliant with ISO 28560-2: 2014.
- A diagnostic service. Send details of differences found between the results from your software and our software. We will review your data and report back on the reasons for the discrepancies.
- Ongoing use of the executable software.
Any development partner is assured:
- of absolute discretion about the bilateral agreement, which we are prepared to honour with Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- that the software will support all encoding and decoding aspects of ISO 28560-2.
- that the same conformance to ISO 28560-2 applies as with the software that we intend to offer separately for modelling, encoding and conversion and diagnostics.
Convergent Software Limited is offering this scheme on a non-exclusive basis, but any vendor's participation in the scheme will not be disclosed to any third party.
2-user licences plus service element: £3500 (GBP)
If you wish to purchase the benchmark package, please contact us.
All prices are exclusive of VAT, which will be charged where appropriate.
Convergent Software will, if required, convert at current exchange rates to one of the following currencies:
- Australian Dollars (AUD)
- Canadian Dollars (CAD)
- Euro (EUR)
- US Dollars (USD)